SERC 2020 as a Virtual Fair!
SERC happened online this year! Students uploaded their projects and video presentations for judges to view on their computers. This was a monumental task that depended greatly on the energy and dedication of our volunteers. Thanks to all of you for your efforts in keeping this event going amid social distancing! You can read more about it in this SIUE feature story.
For more details check with your science teachers and STEM Center staff at email@example.com.
The SIUE Science and Engineering Research Challenge provides 5th through 12th grade students the opportunity to think like a scientist. The process of doing a project lets students find information concerning new discoveries and test theories beyond the classroom curriculum. Projects also make students aware of the interdisciplinary nature of science and engineering as they apply writing skills, mathematics, and art to communicate their research findings.
SERC 2020 Winners!
Congratulations to all of our award winners, and especially to our top-placing students. You can find a full list of the prizes here.
- Reagan Guerra, Metro-East Lutheran School, Best in Challenge and First Place Paper Competition
- Lillian Kemper, Zion Lutheran School, First Place Junior Division
- Prescott Jeckel, Delavan High School, First Place Senior Division
- Jude Luesse, Columbus Elementary, Second Place Junior Division
- Amy Dong, Hinsdale Central High School, Second Place Senior Division
- Will Wojcieszak, Liberty Middle School, Third Place Junior Division
- Sam Berkley, Governor French Academy, Third Place Senior Division
- John Stewart, Governor French Academy, Second Place Paper Competition