SERC 2021 Results Are In!
SERC happened online this year! Students will upload their projects and video presentations for judges to view on their computers. This is a monumental task that depends greatly on the energy and dedication of our volunteers. Thanks to all of you for your efforts in keeping this event going amid social distancing! You can read more about how this worked last year in this SIUE feature story.
For more details check with your science teachers and STEM Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SIUE Science and Engineering Research Challenge provides 5th through 12th grade students the opportunity to think like a scientist. The process of doing a project lets students find information concerning new discoveries and test theories beyond the classroom curriculum. Projects also make students aware of the interdisciplinary nature of science and engineering as they apply writing skills, mathematics, and art to communicate their research findings.
SERC 2021 Winners
Congratulations to all of our award winners, and especially to our top-placing students. You can find a full list of the prizes here.
- Lisa Crawford, Governor French Academy, Best in Challenge
- Tahlor Johnson, Governor French Academy, First Place Senior Division, ISEF Nominee, First Place Paper Competition
- Lillian Kemper, Zion Lutheran School, First Place Junior Division
- Spencer Herberts, Governor French Academy, Second Place Senior Division
- Manel El Morabit, Governor French Academy, Second Place Junior Division
- Will Wojcieszak, Edwardsville High School, Third Place Senior Division
- Marcus King, Governor French Academy, Third Place Junior Division
- Nathan Hay and Jared Christopher, Collinsville High School, Second Place Paper Competition
Results from general judging for all projects can be found here.